Senior Security Analyst
Location: Saskatoon, Regina, Calgary, Vancouver
WBM is looking for a talented individual to join our Managed Security Services team. This team works directly with the Enterprise-level clients to plan, assess, scope, design, implement and operate solutions and services that ensure our clients’ IT infrastructure and networks are secure and safe. We believe in providing the highest level of customer satisfaction by understanding our client’s needs and delivering security outcomes that are truly world-class.
A successful candidate will have a minimum of ten-year’s experience working in the Information Technology sector with strong focus on Information Security. They will possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and will be comfortable, friendly, and eloquent when presenting to both business and technical audiences. The Senior Security Analyst will be capable of understanding the complexities of Information Security topics and be able to represent these complexities in an ‘easy-to-understand’ manner for the purposes of delivering comprehensive and meaningful outcomes.
There is a strong team component to this job, therefore the candidate will possess a proven track-record working within a team environment and collaborating with others. The successful applicant will also be proficient at managing simultaneous projects, milestones, and tasks of varying scope and priority as they ensure customer satisfaction is maintained.
Ideal candidates will have hands on experience with the deployment of Information Security Infrastructure and the delivery of Infrastructure Security Services including:
- Traditional and Next Generation Firewalls
- Application Security systems
- Intrusion Prevention and Detection systems
- High Availability platforms such as load balancers
- Switching and Routing platforms
- Vulnerability and network testing platforms
- Security Policy definitions
- Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing
- Forensics analysis related to Intrusion investigations
- Delivery of Security Awareness, Training and Education programs
Preferred candidates will also have experience with the deployment of technology based on the F5 Big-IP and SonicWALL security product offerings as follows:
- F5 Local Traffic Manager
- F5 Access Policy Manager
- F5 Application Security Manager
- F5 DNS (formerly Global Traffic Manager)
- F5 Advanced Firewall Manager
- SonicWALL SonicOS Next Generation Firewalls (e.g. TZ, NSA, Supermassive )
- SonicWALL E-mail protection platforms
Desirable candidates should have experience and in-depth understanding of Enterprise Infrastructure and concepts such as:
- Physical Data Centers
- Cloud based technologies
- Operating Systems (with preferred strong focus on Unix/Linux)
- Web Servers (both commercial and Open Source based)
- Virtualization technologies
- Identity, Federation and Access Management technologies
- Application development frameworks
- OSI networking model
- Modern Programming and Scripting languages
- Relational Databases and other structured data models
Although the successful candidate may be located in any one of the cities where WBM operates, travelling and being on-site at customer locations throughout Western Canada will be required.
The opportunity to succeed is exceptional and the opportunities to advance will be in multiple areas. Those in this position at WBM have flourished within it. Some have gone onto roles in IT and network administration, some have advanced to management positions within WBM, and some have accepted roles in IT Management within the customer organizations that they meet through their work at WBM.
WBM will offer you a competitive income and benefits package with clear paths for advancement. At WBM, we understand that the benefits we provide must go beyond caring for your health they must also provide for your financial well-being. That’s why in addition to medical, dental and disability coverage, we also provide you an attractive company pension plan, and a personal development program.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a desire to pursue this opportunity, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in WBM.
Join our team, and write your own story.