Deskside Support Technician – End User Computing
Location: Regina, Saskatoon
WBM is constantly looking for unique individuals who are passionate about technology and motivated to be part of an amazing team. Our team members are accountable to themselves, their team, and their clients who believe and trust in them. Currently we have opportunities available for Deskside Support Technicians across several regions in Saskatchewan.
In this technical position, you will provide on-site deskside technical support to end-users at their place of work. You will monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through WBM’s IT helpdesk, efficiently handling calls in a “first in, first out” priority sequence. You will be able to quickly identify and escalate urgent issues, and you will possess a proven track-record of troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Analytical – Collects, comprehends, and applies knowledge gathered from experience.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service – Proven ability to manage difficult and/or emotional customer service situations.
- Communication – Speaks and writes in clear and persuasive language in positive or negative situations.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks thoroughly and on time, while following organizational best practices.
- Time Management – Prioritizes and plans work activities efficiently
- Punctuality – Takes pride in being at work and ready for work on time and arriving at customer sites on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions and procedures and responds to management direction positively.
Preference will be given to candidates with any or all of the following valid certifications:
- Preference will be given to bi-lingual candidates (English/French)
- Proven history of excellence experience in service coordination, scheduling, and dispatch
- Desire to help build, and be part of, a close-knit team
- 2+ years’ experience completing similar work.
- Amazingly strong organizational skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent experience
The opportunity to succeed is exceptional and the opportunities to advance will be in multiple areas. Those in this position at WBM have flourished within it. Some have gone onto roles in IT and network administration, some have advanced to management positions within WBM, and some have accepted roles in IT Management within the customer organizations that they meet through their work at WBM.
WBM will offer you a competitive income with clear paths for advancement.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in WBM.
Connect with us online at wbm.ca, on Facebook and Twitter @wbmtech, and on LinkedIn at
Join our team, and write your own story.