Desktop Engineering Technician
Location: Calgary, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Vancouver, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia
Team: End User Computing, Operations
Modern enterprise end point management is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the modern workplace utilizing a variety of tools that deliver great customer experiences and outcomes. The Desktop Engineering role with WBM gives you the exciting opportunity to be part of a great team that will work closely to support our enterprise clients. The day-to-day role includes managing tier 3 support tickets, helping project teams deliver major infrastructure upgrades, packaging and delivering custom application updates, proactively monitoring and remediating client health across an enterprise fleet of devices, and managing the overall endpoint solution for the client.
Our deep level of expertise around the Microsoft modern desktop and the management of these devices leverages software solutions such as SCCM, Intune, Azure, and various other supporting tools to deliver a fully managed desktop solution to our clients.
As a Desktop Engineer you will be joining and be supported by a strong and mature team with specialists in a variety of disciplines. We believe in the ongoing upgrading of skills and the learning of new technologies and seek out opportunities for training and development. We accomplish this both by learning from each other in the team, given our disparate backgrounds, and pursuing appropriate Microsoft led and third-party courses.
This is an area of tremendous growth for our organization, and because of this, we are currently looking for an Intermediate Desktop Engineer to join our team!
- Minimum 3 years of SCCM experience
- Application packaging experience
- Microsoft Intune experience
- PowerShell knowledge and experience
- OS Imaging knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Excel, and Power Apps an asset
- A desire for development and continued learning
- Analytical – Collects, comprehends, and applies knowledge gathered from experience.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Teamwork – Desire to help build, and be part of, a close-knit team.
- Organizational Support – Amazingly strong organizational skills and completes administrative tasks thoroughly and on time, while following organizational best practices
- Time Management – Prioritizes and plans work activities efficiently
- Punctuality – Takes pride in being at work and ready for work on time and arriving at customer sites on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions and procedures and responds to management direction positively
WBM will offer you a competitive income and benefits package with clear paths for advancement. At WBM, we understand that the benefits we provide must go beyond caring for your health they must also provide for your financial well-being. That’s why in addition to medical, dental and disability coverage, we also provide you an attractive company pension plan, and a personal development program.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in WBM.
Connect with us on Facebook @wbmtech, on Twitter @wbmtech, and on LinkedIn @wbmtech.
Join our team, and write your own story.