Technical Analyst – Network Specialist
Location: Calgary, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Vancouver, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia
Team: Data & Security
We are looking for a Network Specialist to join our team. As a Network Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering network infrastructure projects for our clients, ranging from small businesses to large enterprises. You will work closely with other team members and our clients to ensure that the network solutions meet their requirements and expectations, and align with industry best practices.
- Network Infrastructure Design: Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and translate them into effective network solutions. Design scalable and secure architectures that encompass various network devices, ensuring high availability and optimum performance.
- Network Infrastructure Deployment: Design, install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices, such as routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points and VPNs. You will have the opportunity to work on various network technologies and vendors, such as Sophos, Fortinet, Aruba, and more.
- Security and Compliance: Implement robust security measures and adhere to compliance requirements for network environments. Design and configure network security and monitoring solutions to protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access.
- Performance Optimization: Monitor and analyze network infrastructure performance, identifying bottlenecks and areas for optimization. Implement scalability and load balancing strategies to accommodate expanding network needs.
- Consulting and Collaboration: Serve as a subject matter expert for network technologies, providing guidance and recommendations to stakeholders and development teams. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align network infrastructure strategies with business goals and ensure successful project delivery.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proven experience as a Network Engineer or similar role, with a deep understanding of network technologies.
- Strong knowledge of networking platforms, including Sophos, Fortinet, Aruba, and more.
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols.
- Proficiency in network security and compliance features.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to design scalable and secure network solutions.
WBM will offer you a competitive income and benefits package with opportunities for career growth and advancement. At WBM we understand that the benefits we provide must go beyond caring for your health, they also provide for your financial well-being. That’s why in addition to medical, dental and disability coverage, we also provide you with an attractive group RRSP. WBM is committed to meaningful community engagement across Western Canada. As a member of our team, you will have opportunities to get involved and contribute to our community work, which is some of the work we are most proud of.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in WBM.
Learn more about the benefits of working at WBM, our team, and our culture, here.
Join our team, and write your own story.