Technical Architect – Infrastructure
Location: Saskatoon, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia
Team: Data & Security
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Server and Network Infrastructure Architect to join our team. As a Server and Network Infrastructure Architect, you will be responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining server and network infrastructure solutions. Your deep understanding of server technologies and network devices will be crucial in ensuring reliable, secure, and efficient delivery of technology solutions that meet the business requirements of our clients and align with industry best practices.
- Server and Network Infrastructure Design: Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and translate them into effective server and network solutions. Design scalable and secure architectures that encompass various server platforms, operating systems, storage systems, and network devices, ensuring high availability, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
- Server and Network Infrastructure Deployment: Define and implement server and network infrastructure components, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, and cables. Determine appropriate device sizing and configurations to optimize performance and cost efficiency.
- Application Support and Migration: Assess existing applications and infrastructure to identify opportunities for improvement or migration. Provide technical support for application deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting. Oversee the execution of application and data migrations, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum performance.
- Security and Compliance: Implement robust security measures and adhere to compliance requirements in server and network environments. Design and configure identity and access management, network security, data encryption, and monitoring solutions to protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access.
- Infrastructure Governance and Best Practices: Establish and enforce infrastructure governance policies and best practices to ensure consistent and efficient use of server and network resources.
- Automation and DevOps Integration: Leverage automation tools, such as PowerShell scripting, Ansible, or Chef, to automate deployment, configuration, and management tasks.
- Infrastructure Performance Optimization: Monitor and analyze server and network infrastructure performance, identifying bottlenecks and areas for optimization. Implement scalability and load-balancing strategies to accommodate growing workloads and ensure optimal resource utilization.
- Infrastructure Consulting and Collaboration: Serve as a subject matter expert on server and network technologies, providing guidance and recommendations to stakeholders and development teams. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align infrastructure strategies with business goals and ensure successful project delivery.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Server or Network Infrastructure Engineer or similar role, with a deep understanding of server and network technologies.
- Strong knowledge of server platforms, operating systems, storage systems, and network devices.
- Experience with networking concepts and protocols.
- Proficiency in server and network security and compliance features.
- Familiarity with automation and orchestration tools (e.g., PowerShell scripting, Ansible, or Chef) for server and network management.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure architecture principles, microservices, and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker or Kubernetes).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to design scalable and secure server and network solutions.
WBM will offer you a competitive income and benefits package with opportunities for career growth and advancement. At WBM we understand that the benefits we provide must go beyond caring for your health, they also provide for your financial well-being. That’s why in addition to medical, dental and disability coverage, we also provide you with an attractive group RRSP. WBM is committed to meaningful community engagement across Western Canada. As a member of our team, you will have opportunities to get involved and contribute to our community work, which is some of the work we are most proud of.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in WBM.
Learn more about the benefits of working at WBM, our team, and our culture, here.
Join our team, and write your own story.