Manitoba Hydro has always been ahead of the curve when it came to customer experiences. But with 800,000+ customers, the company quickly outgrew the authentication platform their customers used to access essential applications. The company began exploring new authentication and security solutions that would allow them to continue delivering seamless, secure, and best-in-class experiences while minimizing disruption and reducing costs.
“We are committed to providing our customers with the best possible experience. This means offering them excellent service and ensuring our online platform remains efficient, secure, and up to date.”
“At our stage of growth, our prior solution had become too costly. Our goal was to standardize our application platform and cut costs to become more efficient.”
See how Manitoba Hydro achieved their goals of cutting costs, minimizing disruption, and putting the customer experience first as they seamlessly transitioned to a new authentication solution with the help of WBM and F5.
About Manitoba Hydro
- Industry: Utilities
- Employees: 4,500+
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
What Did Manitoba Hydro Achieve By Working With WBM?
- Immediate cost savings and cost-effective solutions for future growth. Replacing the existing authentication platform provided immediate cost savings, enhanced IT infrastructure efficiency, and gave the company a solid foundation for long-term growth.
- Minimal disruption to the customer experience. Manitoba Hydro customers experienced no service interruptions as the authentication platform upgrade was completed. Customer-facing applications were available throughout the process.
- Enhanced security, visibility, and control over all applications. Standardizing Manitoba Hydro’s authentication protocol and customized, role-based rules give the company’s teams more control and visibility into their security processes.
- Simplified login process with SSO functionality. Customers can quickly access multiple applications for accounts, billing details, and other touchpoints with the company thanks to single sign-on access.
- Flexible solutions that allow them to focus on the outcomes that matter. F5’s platform-independent infrastructure and WBM’s world-class support means Manitoba Hydro can keep the focus on continuously improving the customer experience at all touchpoints.